Thursday, June 07, 2007

A visit to an Aussie home

Today, I went to a friend's house...an Australian Burmese. Her house is cosy =) She's got like a really nice kitchen and living room but the rooms are relatively small. Probably because her room is shared with her sister. They said they're halfway renovating.

I was suppose to be studying there. I DID study but not as much as I'd prefer. If was loads of fun though.

I took a bus from my place to uni and met up with a few other friends from the same area to go to my friend's house (Jasmine) which is like an 45 mins drive away. Then from uni, we took the same bus to a bus station near Jasmine's house. It took us 45 mins to get to the bus stop and then she and her Dad picked us up. When we reached her house, we started studying except for Jasmine who was occupied settling down...at her own place. Ironic, but yea...hehe.

Not too long after, it was lunch time! Her Mom cooked such lovely food. They said it was Burmese food but it seemed so much like home cooked food *sniff*. I took beef curry (tasty....yum) with spaghetti. It's an odd combination but they said that it was the best noodle combination...to replace a Burmese noodle which they can't get here. We also had some chicken vegetable soup...it's sssssssooooooo CHINESE!! Even my other Malaysian friends who went said so. We were pampered guests...tea, chocolates, cake, crackers and also offere ice-cream but we all decline the very very generous offer. hehe. There was fried rice, fried toufu with peas and egg curry.

After lunch, we had a little chat. Actually, we have little chats the whole time through (hehe). So, I should be saying after lunch, we had a chat. HAHA! talked about all sorts of stuff...you know, girls stuff. But I can't say that because there was a guy there.

Ok, the conversation was stopped and we went back to the books. MUST CONCENTRATE!!!! FIRST PAPER STARTS ON MONDAY!!!! We studied for another 2 hours or so and it was dinner time. lol!!! that's all we think of...FOOD!!! We were served the same dishes but this time I ate beef curry with rice (both white rice and fried rice). Wow...we were really pampered. after eating, it was already 6.45 and one of my friends needed to go to the doctors...she needed to get an injection done. so, we quickly finished up the last topic of the subject. All in all, we manage to study 3 topics (out of 5). I suppose we achieved quite a lot. hehe....

Jasmine's Mom let us take back some food...hehe...so sweet...And we left at about 7.30. This time, her Dad fetched us all home...all the way to our door step. again, sssssooooo ssssssssswwwweeeetttttt.............. =D

NOW, I'm happily blogging.

ok, I'm done. Just wanted to put up a quick update before I get back to studying.

Toodles!!

ps: to all my friends who are sitting for exams, GOOD LUCK!!!! and...to Jasmine and family, thanks a MILLION for the wonderful hospitality.

No comments: