Thursday, June 28, 2007

Roller coaster ride

I watched Shrek 3 last tuesday (I wanted to type out "not too long ago" but tuesday is quite a while ago. keke). It was good. the humour is very much intact and the story line is not too bad although sometimes I get the feeling that the writer is running out of ideas.

Anyway, fairy tales are always that
"...and they all lived happy ever after"
Last time, I used to take it literally and thought that they may be someday a "happily ever after" for me. As I grew older, reality sets in and there's no such thing as a perfect ending. Heck, nothing is perfect in this world. It is fun to read story books and watch shows with a happy ending to it but it doesn't turn out that way most of the time.

Ok...I'm beating around the bush. Take the example of The 10th Kingdom.
By the way, I LOVE that show =D
This show does have a happy ending but the lesson that was highlighted at the end, i think, was that we should cherish our short and probably just momentary happy ending. This message was highlight quite clearly as Virginia (the lead actress) said that she found her happily ever after but her peace was soon interrupted BUT that was another story.

We would encounter all sorts of obstacles in life and if we conquer them, we would experience a happy ending. but if we don't conquer them, it just basically means that the story has not ended and your happy ending is yet to come.

Some people may have more happy endings than other people but one thing is for sure, we would surely have ONE happy ending.

I know a few people who are....well....sad....they keep saying how unlucky they are, how miserable they feel, how much stress they are experiencing and what-not. I guess we just need to look for our happy endings amidst all the troubled times we face. Although I don't know exactly how hard is it to do this (I'm grateful for that) but I think that's the only place that we can find happiness.

Life is a roller coaster ride
We will eventually, with experience, feel many many human emotions that exists in the world
bliss
sadness
depression
fear
love
there will be happiness, but then hardship comes and happiness again, then hardship
and it goes on and on...never ending till the day we die
where we would find,
hopefully,
eternal happiness
and that,
ladies and gentlemen,
is our
HAPPILY EVER AFTER
the end

No comments: