Saturday, February 16, 2008

The 'Hermana' Nemesis 3.0 : Photography rocks! (and so does the editing)

Editor's Note
Dear readers,

Welcome to the 3rd successful edition of The Hermana Nemesis! As promised in the previous issue, we've prepared for you here in edition 3.0 some pictures to ponder on taken by our one and only prestigious photographer(yours *cough* truly, *cough cough* of course).

We at The Hermana Nemesis would like to thank our readers for their support(support, my foot!) which is so fundamental especially at this time in our early posts of production. We would like to continually encourage you to leave comments to acknowledge any appreciation(or abhorrence) you'd like to give us.

Once again, I'd like to welcome you to our 3rd edition. Enjoy reading!

(insert some big fancy editor-and-
manager-of-a-blog-undertaker-who-
is-somewhat-precarious signature here)

Yams

Christmas long gone...


Christmas is indeed long over. But you know how sometimes pictures are; they bring back some images in your mind.

Well, here I edited this picture containing 3 close-ups I captured during a christmas party by my school's alumni.

On the top left are plastic bells with fake flowers/plant-like things that decorated the rim of the stage.

Upon the stage in the centre was this mini christmas tree, so I captured one of the bulbs with an LED glowing quietly behind.

And of course, Santa hanging on the tree (the normal bigger one) like that is rather cute. The image was overexposed though, but somehow that's what made it nice. I adjusted the brightness lower so that your eyes don't go blind. =)

Overall evaluation: The party was kinda dull(sorry, mum, I know you're part of the organizing commitee and all but really, you guys do the same thing every year? Hehe, really.) but if you get some pictures you like, it doesn't really matter where you are. Oh, you can ignore the "Jingle bells, green trees smell, Santa laid an egg!" thing I find it quite cheesy but I couldn't think of much to fill the space. But just to let you know, in case you don't know, it's supposed to be sung in the tune of Jingle Bells. Consider it a rendition of "Jingle bells, batman smells, Rudolf laid an egg!"


Dare we question alcohol and smoking?
Picture 1
Brand: Seven Seas
Alcohol content: 38%
Price: RM8.00
Caption: "The seaaaa...is orange...in the ocean...of my stomach...mixed with bile...I go drunk...they say...'Bring on the booze...' "
Picture 2
Brand: Dunhill
Bad content: It's cigarettes. What do you think?
Price: RM8.20 in boxes of 20, RM5.90 in boxes of 14
Caption: "Er...to smoke...or not to smoke?" (note the 'no smoking' sign)
Picture 3
Brand: Unknown
Content: Emptiness, air
Price: Please consult the recycling company
Caption: "5 green bottles, standing in the box, one is hidden, another is brown, if you add them all, there're 18 glass bottles, standing in the box."

Sun rays

The first picture was taken in my grandparents' place on my dad's side. Go banana leaves, go banana leaves.
The 2nd and 3rd is a picture in the morning (8 a.m. or so) at my cousin's place. Compliments to her for the interior design! Even when I've been there a few times, I find it mesmerizing everytime I see those morning rays through the window grills and the fishies casting shadows on the wall. Note: The pictures are clickable for a closer look.


The Curve

I was in the shopping mall, and decided to take a look down the balcony to the floor below.

Argh! Look what I saw below! They're selling ice cream!

My heart was crying out, "Noooooooo..!!!!" whereas my brain was saying, "Girl, you can reach out but you ain't gonna get it." It got me really down. =(

This is the open section of the shopping mall (which is The Curve, by the way). I just thought it would be an interesting picture to have buildings to frame the people walking below.

NEXT UP! On The Hermana Nemesis: A birthday and how it collaborated with my 2nd sister.


To wrap up this issue, we promised some guessing as well. So, here it is:


Hmm...what is in this cup? I wonder who can guess what it is. It can be a plain drink, a concoction, or it could be not a drink at all. Think of all the wild ideas and you might get it. Leave your guesses in the comment box, please!

Until the next issue, hope you've enjoyed reading!

p/s: Did I sound rather jaded or morbid in this issue? Aw man, the music you play affects your head! Pretty sad...

Among the songs I played while typing this post:

  • Take That - Patience
  • Staind - Everything Changes
  • Puddle of Mudd - Blurry
  • Nicole Nordeman - Why
  • Lifehouse - Sick Cycle Carousel

2 comments:

Yan Hua said...

MILO!!!!!

sorry, i very pro-milo. lol!

Anonymous said...

Ya. We all are. Nope, not a drop of chocolatey taste in there.

Eh ji, you've got a very low reader count huh. You don't publicize your blog eh. So who gonna read except me, you, mum, dad and maybe ah jie and ko. Oh and maybe lao kor oso. And luckystar...hmm.