Monday, December 31, 2007

Ushering the year 2008

What is a new year to you? At times i think it's just another day and other times i think it's a time where we renew our spirits and start over. (At this moment, I feel like the latter ^_^)

Reflecting back on the year 2007, I've grown so much in many aspects of my life - spiritually, mentally. At the beginning of the year, I was preparing myself to live away from home. That was already a major step in my life because I had to decide on a course to take which will determine more or less what I will do for the rest of my life (before retirement). It was quite a drama I'd say - turned down an offer from IMU to do pharmacy because it would be fairly costly and after that not being able to take up pharmacy in Curtin because they wouldn't accept application based on a forecast result. So off I went for Medical Science, a 3 year Bachelor of Science course in Curtin. I'm quite happy with that decision ^_^

Coming to Perth is already a whole blessing - a life changing event. This is where I actually learned to cook, wash my own clothes, buy my own groceries, find my own way round Perth and even got myself my first real job! But the most significant event ever this year is when I accepted Christ. Just to learn that there this...well, friend that loves us so much, gave His life for us so that we would have eternal life...basically showing us that there is GRACE in this world. Sometimes i forget about this grace as we are constantly bombarded with so much negativity - stress, sadness/depression, violence, cruelty, doubt, selfishness - but thank God that I'm surrounded by loving people and I'm so thankful that I'm blessed with a cheerful personality. I finally learn the true meaning of "if you just believe, anything can happen". Nothing goes as planned, though. I'm still learning to trust wholely in His plans for me instead of my plans for myself. The learning never ends and I'm taking it a step at a time...like REALLY a step at a time...slow, slow steps...baby steps.

After reflecting, the bad things that happened, i learn from it. The regrets that i may have had, i throw away that feeling but take away the lessons. All these I will keep in mind for the year to come. Life's a roller coaster ride. Enjoy the ride!

New year resolutions??? hmm...thinking about it and it's private and confidnetial =P

But I pray that this year to come would be a great year. A year full of new experiences and a year where we are a step closer to learn or fulfill our purpose here on earth.

sounds deep eh? sorry ah...i did say that I feel renewed in spirit =P

Happy new year!!!!!!!!!

No comments: